Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Road Testing


Here it is not even Halloween and I find myself busying myself in the kitchen humming Christmas carols. I'm getting ready for the holidays already, testing some holiday cookie recipes, just to expand my repertoire, and looking for that perfect cookie for our cookie exchange party. (yes, I am THAT ridiculous) I want something quintessentially holiday-ish, and I have been thinking of maybe a double chocolate candy cane biscotti, a pumpkin cream sandwiched between two perfect gingersnaps, classic gingerbread men, and today, the newest endeavor, fruitcake cookies. Which one will win??? Who knows... but the house sure does smell good.

Update: So the reviews for these cookies were mixed. Jen literally spit hers out, and described them as "tasting like poison". . .and while everyone seemed to like them, no one seemed blown away by them. I myself, thought they were quite good. They do actually taste like fruitcake (which could be part of the problem, seeing as most people do not actually care for fruitcake). I would therefore give this test three out of five stars. So the search continues. . .

5 comments:

gabrielle said...

hmm...i am intrigued. fruit cake has not ever been on my list of faves, but if you've made it, i'm game for trying it.

is it gooood?

Megan said...

just keep on testing!

Heart Salve said...

oh poo! i was going to have a cookie exchange and invite all of you guys :(

pksarna said...

You are pretty much the anti-vegan taskforce, you know that?

I think the candy cane chocolate biscotti sound divine. Good luck gearing up.

I'm working on my Halloween costume and fondly thinking of you.

xoxo

BK said...

Hey Chey, you forgot butter and eggs. But yeah. I loved the cookies but apparently I don't count.